Clearview is pleased to offer comprehensive swimming lessons similar to our local YMCAs. This allows continuity in programming throughout the year. We offer Bubblers, Learn to Swim and Star Swimmer programs. Advanced aquatics programs may be offered if numbers permit, such as Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross. In general, classes may be combined or canceled depending on enrollment.
Lessons & registration information will be posted online on June 5, 2023.
*Programs offered during the summer months only.
*We reserve the right to change the schedule in order to comply with health guidelines.
*The Stayner Centennial Pool staff will be available from June 24 to August 27, 2023.
Swimming pool inquires can be directed to 705-428-6013 ext. 504 (September to May) and 705-428-2810 (June to August)
Registration Form - Online registration is available on Monday June 5th. Registration starts at 11AM.
Please speak with the senior lifeguard/supervisor to discuss accommodation requirements for your child.
VISA/Mastercard are the preferred method of payment using the online portal.
Cash, Debit and Cheques accepted at the Pool Office after June 5th
Make cheques payable to Township of Clearview.
Daily Sessions - These are one class per day for 2 weeks.
Session 1 - Monday July 3 to Friday July 14
Session 2 - Monday July 17 to Friday July 28
Session 3 - Monday July 31 to Friday August 11
Session 4 - Monday August 14 to Friday August 25
Weekly - These are 1 class per week for the whole summer.
Fridays, July 7 to August 25. Bronze Star and Water Babies, from 4PM-5PM.
Junior Lifeguard Club: Mondays at 3:00PM, July 3 to August 28 and Thursdays at 3:00PM, July 6 to August 31. During the first week of the program, all registered participants will need to complete a skills test and then only a maximum of 16 participants will be admitted into the Junior Lifeguard Club. Ages 10-13 years.
Pricing (Fees are plus HST and Processing fee).
Lessons Descriptions Price Water Babies / Bubblers BUBLERS is a value-based water activity program for children 5 and under. Children in the infant to 3 year categories must be accompanied by an adult. There are eight levels: Splashers, Bubblers, Bobbers, Floaters, Gliders, Divers, Surfers, and Dippers $56.85 Learn to Swim
LEARN TO SWIM -The Learn to Swim program is a four-level instructional program that teaches the non-swimmer a variety of skills in shallow and deep water, including the fundamentals of the front crawl stroke.
Core Skills include:
- Otter: Introduction to pool safety, submersion and glides.
- Seal: Focus on kicking and rolling.
- Dolphin: Participants learn and focus on coordination for front and back crawl.
- Swimmer: Skills include a focus on front and back crawl.
- Star 1: Skills include a focus on back glide with whip kick.
$61.50 Star (2 to 6) STAR LEVELS- The Star Swimmer Program introduces the swimmer to a wide variety of swimming and water activity skills with water safety education and awareness a component of all instructional levels. $82.30 Junior Lifeguard Program More action, more options, more fun. The Junior Lifeguard Club offers a unique aquatic alternative for those kids who love the water and who want more than "lessons". Participants are between 10 years and 13 years. Financial assistance available to Clearview youth by the Clearview Youth Centre and CGMH Wellness Innovation Fund. Free for Clearview Youth only. Bronze Star Develop swimming proficiency, lifesaving skill and personal fitness. Candidates refine their stroke mechanics, acquire self-rescue skills, and apply fitness principles in training workouts. Bronze Star is excellent preparation for success in Bronze Medallion. $92.04 Bronze Medallion (including text book) This course introduces lifesaving skills and are a requirement for certification as a lifeguard. Participants must be 13 years old to enroll in Bronze Medallion. Financial assistance available to Clearview youth by the Clearview Youth Centre and CGMH Wellness Innovation Fund.
Free for Clearview Youth
Bronze Cross (including text book)
These courses introduce lifesaving skills and are a requirement for certification as a lifeguard. Participants must be 14 years old to enroll in Bronze Cross with Bronze Medallion as a prerequisite. Financial assistance available to Clearview youth by the Clearview Youth Centre and CGMH Wellness Innovation Fund.
Free for Clearview Youth
Private Lessons 30 minutes of 1 on 1 instruction. $25.22 Semi-Private Lessons 30 mins of small group instruction of a maximum of 3 participants with 1 instructor (within 2 levels) $18.91 Lane Swim Swim for fun! There are four lanes identified in the pool for lane swimming or water-walking. Drop-ins are permitted. This is a non-registered program. Ages 16 years and older. $31.50 Fitness Swim
Do you want to improve your overall physical fitness in the water. Fitness Swimmer provides a structured approach based on training principles and practices, including interval training. This is a registered program. Drop-ins permitted if there is enough space. Ages 16 years and older.
$56.85 Aquafit Use the resistance of water to stretch and strengthen your muscles while also getting a great cardio workout. This is a registered program. Drop-ins permitted if there is enough space. Ages 16 years and older.
The Stayner Centennial Pool is following the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit and provincial guidelines.
Entry Protocols/General Guidelines
- Registered participants and parent/guardian/support worker are permitted to enter the Pool building to access the changerooms, showers.
- Lines may form outside the entrance as we admit patrons into the showers. Patrons should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start of their program.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Pool Building and is recommended to be used upon entry.
- No spectators permitted on the pool deck.
- Only registered participants will be allowed to enter the pool.
- Swimmers are encouraged to bring minimal personal belongings into the pool.
- Please shower prior to entering the pool deck.
- Bring your own water bottle.
- 16 patrons maximum for lessons and Junior Lifeguard Program.
- 25 participants maximum for aquafitness
- 16 participants maximum for registered lane swim and fitness swim.
To protect the privacy of participants and staff, the Pool has a mesh curtain installed. Parents/guardians will not be able to view the swim programs.
Access to Equipment and Pool Toys
- Equipment and toys will be made available for instructed programs.
- Equipment and toys will be disinfected frequently.
- During registered lane swim, please bring your own flippers, pull bouy etc.
*The owners and operators of outdoor recreational water facilities have a responsibility to assess risks associated with their facility and operations and ensure that they mitigate these risks for employees, volunteers, and attendees. Please continue to frequently check the website and to follow all directions from Clearview Township staff.
Inclement Weather Policy
Swimming lessons will continue at the Centennial Pool even during the rain providing lifeguards can see the bottom of the pool and specifically, the black dot. In the event of thunder and lightning, the lifeguards will shelter any participants. Entry into the swimming pool cannot happen until 30 minutes after the last boom of thunder or lightning. At which time the lifeguards or instructors will provide instruction to the parents/guardians or participants. An email will be sent to all registered participants if the lessons are cancelled in advanced. This procedure applies to all lessons, aqua fit, lane swim & fitness swim. We do not provide refunds or credits for inclement weather. Please discuss any specific concerns with the lifeguards.
In the event of a mechanical issue or the Township of Clearview cancelling programs due to a maintenance issue or other reason, a credit will be provided upon the 3rd cancelled class within one session or for the weekly program class. The credit will be added to the family account at the pro-rated amount pre-tax. There are no refunds. The Recreation Clerk will apply the credits.
Request for Cancelling/Withdrawing from Programs
- Refunds for cancelling from a program or withdrawing will be charged an Administration Fee of $25, per participant, per program.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for the processing of refunds.
- "Make-up Classes" are not available for missed classes.
- Non-attendance and notification to an instructor does not constitute a notice of withdrawal. Please put your request in writing and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearview Township reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment, so please register early.
• Requests for transfers are based on class availability.
• Requests for transfers can be made by contacting the Recreation Clerk email@example.com