Clearview is pleased to offer comprehensive swimming lessons similar to our local YMCAs. This allows continuity in programming throughout the year. We offer Bubblers, Learn to Swim and Star Swimmer programs. Advanced aquatics programs may be offered if numbers permit, such as Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross. In general, classes may be combined or canceled depending on enrollment.
The Stayner Centennial Pool is preparing to reopen for limited use on July 5 as Ontario is set to enter Step 2 of Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen.
With strict COVID-19 public health regulations in effect including capacity limits, contact tracing and physical distancing, the pool will offer:
- Swimming lessons
- Registered lane swim
- Junior Lifeguard Program
- Advance Lifesaving Society training program
*We reserve the right to change the schedule in order to comply with health guidelines.
Swimming pool inquires can be directed to 705-428-6013 ext. 504 (September to May) and 705-428-2810 (June to August)
Registration Form - Online registration is now available.
Please speak with the senior lifeguard/supervisor to discuss accommodation requirements for your child.
Cash, Debit and Cheques accepted at the Pool Office after June 29th.
Make cheques payable to Township of Clearview.
Daily Sessions - These are one class per day for 3 weeks.
Session 1 - Monday July 5 to Friday July 23
Session 2 - Monday July 26 to Friday August 13
Session 3 - Monday August 16 to Wednesday August 31 (please note the change - Participants will be notified).
Weekly - These are 1 class per week for the whole summer.
Monday July 5 to August 30
Wednesday July 7 to September 1
Friday July July 2 to August 27 (No lesons on August 6).
Saturday July 10 to August 28 (No lessons on August 7).
*More may be added based on requests/waitlist. We reserve the right to change the schedule based on health guidelines.
|Water Babies / Bubblers||BUBLERS is a value-based water activity program for children 5 and under. Children in the infant to 3 year categories must be accompanied by an adult. There are eight levels: Splashers, Bubblers, Bobbers, Floaters, Gliders, Divers, Surfers, and Dippers||$63.00|
|Learn to Swim|
LEARN TO SWIM -The Learn to Swim program is a four-level instructional program that teaches the non-swimmer a variety of skills in shallow and deep water, including the fundamentals of the front crawl stroke.
Core Skills include:
|Star (2 to 6)||STAR LEVELS- The Star Swimmer Program introduces the swimmer to a wide variety of swimming and water activity skills with water safety education and awareness a component of all instructional levels.||$91.00|
|Junior Lifeguard Program||More action, more options, more fun. The Junior Lifeguard Club offers a unique aquatic alternative for those kids who love the water and who want more than "lessons". Participants are between 8 years and 12 years. This program is sponsored by the Clearview Youth Centre.||Free for Clearview Youth only.|
|Bronze Medallion (including text book)||This course introduces lifesaving skills and are a requirement for certification as a lifeguard. Participants must be 13 years old to enroll in Bronze Medallion. Complimentary registration for Clearview youth sponsored by the Clearview Youth Centre.|
Free for Clearview Youth
|Bronze Cross (including text book)|
These courses introduce lifesaving skills and are a requirement for certification as a lifeguard. Participants must be 14 years old to enroll in Bronze Cross with Bronze Medallion as a prerequisite. Complimentary registration for Clearview youth sponsored by the Clearview Youth Centre.
Free for Clearview Youth
|Lane Swim||Swim for fun! There are four lanes identified in the pool for lane swimming or water-walking. This is a registered program. No drop-ins permitted. Ages 16 years and older.||$31.00|
Do you want to improve your overall physical fitness in the water. Fitness Swimmer provides a structured approach based on training principles and practices, including interval training. This is a registered program. No drop-ins permitted. Ages 16 years and older.
|Aquafit||Use the resistance of water to stretch and strengthen your muscles while also getting a great cardio workout. This is a registered program. No drop-ins permitted. Ages 16 years and older.|
Before visiting the Stayner Centennial Pool, every visitor must complete a self-assessment for COVID-19 and follow the directions provided. The Ontario COVID-19 Self Assessment can be completed on behalf of someone else (ie: a parent/guardian on behalf of a child).
If an individual has COVID-19 symptoms, they should stay home, seek testing, self-isolate and follow health guidelines.
The Stayner Centennial Pool is following the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit and provincial guidelines. To read the Safety Plan, please click here.
As of June 18, 2021:
Entry Protocols/General Guidelines
- Registered participants and one parent/guardian/support worker is permitted to enter the Pool building to access the changerooms, showers.
- Lines may form outside the entrance as we admit patrons into the showers. Patrons should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start of their program. Please maintain 2m (6ft.) physical distance from others while in line and entering the Pool Building.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Pool Building and is required to be used upon entry.
- No spectators permitted on the pool deck.
- Only registered participants will be allowed to enter the pool.
- Swimmers are encouraged to bring minimal personal belongings into the pool. Personal belongings will be kept on the pool deck in designated areas. If possible, please come dressed in your swim attire.
- Please shower prior to entering the pool deck. Showers will not be avialable after swim lessons or reigstered programs.
- Bring your own water bottle. Refills will not be permitted.
- Masks/face coverings are required for all patrons standing in line waiting to enter, inside the pool building, including washrooms/changerooms, pool deck and when physical distancing is not possible.
- Patrons will exit the facility through the gate located in the Spectator Area at the east side of the Pool Deck.
Signage has been placed throughout the facility to guide patrons and to assist with maintaining physical distancing, reminding patrons to wear face coverings and informing visitors of pool rules.
- 10 patrons maximum for lessons and Junior Lifeguard Program.
- 15 participants maximum for aquafitness - Must maintain 3m physical distancing between participants.
- 4 participants maximum for registered lane swim and fitness swim.
- Change room capacity is limited to one family/household at a time.
- To accommodate as many swimmers as possible, lessons and lane swim times may be under an hour. Aquafit and Junior Lifeguard Program will be 60 minutes in length.
Health Screening & Contact Tracing
- Every visitor must complete the Ontario Self-Assessment for COVID19 and follow directions.
- Contact tracing will be strictly enforced and will include every member of the public who enters the facility including first name, last name, telephone number and date/time of entry.
- Information logs will be kept for a mimum of 30 days.
Use of Masks, Face Coverings and Eye Protection
- Masks or face coverings are required to be worn while standing in line to enter, inside the Pool Building and on deck, until the swimmer/participant is permitted in the pool.
- Swimmers may remove their mask right before their activity begins. Swimmers are not permitted to wear face masks in the pool but may wear a face shield at their own discretion.
- Instructors will be wearing a face shield.
- Lifeguards, instructors and staff will be wearing a mask or face covering while on active duty or in the Pool Building and interacting with the general public. Exemption: Lifeguards on duty in the Lifeguard Tower Chair are not required to wear a mask/face covering.
To reduce gatherings and to protect the privacy of participants and staff, the Pool will have a new mesh curtain installed for 2021. Parents/guardians will not be able to view the swim programs.
Access to Equipment and Pool Toys
- Equipment and toys will be made available for instructed programs.
- Equipment and toys will be disinfected frequently.
- During registered lane swim, please bring your own flippers, pull bouy etc.
*The owners and operators of outdoor recreational water facilities have a responsibility to assess risks associated with their facility and operations and ensure that they mitigate these risks for employees, volunteers, and attendees. Please continue to frequently check the website and to follow all directions from Clearview Township staff.