This summer, join the pool staff in Clearview’s very own heated outdoor pool. Staff will be on deck from Saturday June 24 to Friday September 1, 2023 and are happy to answer questions regarding the pool schedule or swim lessons.
Pool Address: 255 Oak Street, Stayner
Phone Number: 705-428-2810 | Email: email@example.com
Staff Contacts: Skyla Walker, Pool Supervisor and Amanda Murray, Community, Culture & Tourism Coordinator
Swimming Lessons & Registered Programs
Clearview is pleased to offer comprehensive swimming lessons similar to our local YMCAs. This allows continuity in programming throughout the year. We offer Bubblers, Learn to Swim and Star Swimmer programs. Advanced aquatics programs may be offered if numbers permit, such as Bronze Star, Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross. In general, classes may be combined or cancelled depending on enrollment.
Swimming Lessons & Registered Programs Information
Public Swim & Family Swim Times
Open Swim times will start on Saturday July 1, 2023. Subject to change.
Please pay cash, debit or cheque at the Pool Office. All fees are listed as price + hst. There have been no increases to the Fee Policy since 2019.
Free Public Swimming is sponsored by the Stayner Lions Club and Christa Duits, REMAX. We are grateful for their annual sponsorship.
Pool Admission Policy
- 0-6 years old – “Within Arms Reach” of a parent or guardian, older than 14 years old
- 7-14 years old – Wristbands are required. A Swim Test may be necessary to test participant’s abilities.
- 14 years and older – Swim where its safe. May supervise children 6 years and under.
Swimmers with serious medical conditions should be accompanied by another person knowledgeable of their condition. Infants or those not toilet trained must wear a waterproof diaper while in the pool. Lifeguards may deny access based on a swimmer’s ability to keep the pool safe for all users.
Click to view additional Pool Admission Standards
Inclement Weather Policy
Swimming lessons will continue at the Centennial Pool even during the rain providing lifeguards can see the bottom of the pool and specifically, the black dot. In the event of thunder and lightning, the lifeguards will shelter any participants. Entry into the swimming pool cannot happen until 30 minutes after the last boom of thunder or lightning. At which time the lifeguards or instructors will provide instruction to the parents/guardians or participants. An email will be sent to all registered participants if the lessons are cancelled in advanced. This procedure applies to all lessons, aqua fit, lane swim & fitness swim. We do not provide refunds or credits for inclement weather. Please discuss any specific concerns with the lifeguards.
In the event of a mechanical issue or the Township of Clearview cancelling programs due to a maintenance issue or other reason, a credit will be provided upon the 3rd cancelled class within one session or for the weekly program class. The credit will be added to the family account at the pro-rated amount pre-tax. There are no refunds. The Recreation Clerk will apply the credits.
Request for Cancelling/Withdrawing from Programs
- Refunds for cancelling from a program or withdrawing will be charged an Administration Fee of $25, per participant, per program.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for the processing of refunds.
- "Make-up Classes" are not available for missed classes.
- Non-attendance and notification to an instructor does not constitute a notice of withdrawal. Please put your request in writing and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearview Township reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment, so please register early.
• Requests for transfers are based on class availability.
• Requests for transfers can be made by contacting the Recreation Clerk email@example.com