Sunnidale Winterama is a winter-themed festival presented by Clearview Township and has celebrated winter activities since 1975 in the village of New Lowell. Touting itself as "the greatest little show on snow", active volunteers known as the "Friends of Winterama" have organized this multi-day event filled with great family fun!
Winterama is from Thursday January 30 to Sunday February 2, 2020. This year's theme is "Jazzin the 20s". The annual brochure will be mailed to Clearview residents in January. Check back often to learn more about the exciting events happening this year!
Get your Buttons and Raffle Tickets! The buttons, a popular collector item since 1975, are required to all events. The cost is only $2 per button.
Raffle tickets are $2 per ticket or 3 for $5. Tickets and buttons can be purchased from various local businesses, the New Lowell Legion and at Clearview Administration Centre.
Get 'Social' with Winterama
The Winterama Parade is on Saturday morning. Parade staging start at 10:00am at Greengage Rd. The Parade starts at 10:30am and finishes at the New Lowell Recreation Park.
Parade Float Registration is now open. There is no cost to participate. Bragging rights for the best dressed float!
Please contact Jenny Kers at 705-796-3110.
The Log Sawing Team Challenge is returning this year!
The County Challenge will include representatives from the neighbouring Simcoe County municipalities as they take on each other to be crowned the Winterama Log Sawing County Champions!
The fastest team to saw through the log is declared the winner! Mascots will have a special competition. Who will beat Willie the Winterama Penguin this year?
Please see Chuck Arrand at the New Lowell Legion if want more information or call Amanda Murray at Clearview Township at 705-428-6230 ext. 249
The Best Beard Competition returns to Winterama!
Sign up by Thursday January 30. Judging will take place on Friday January 31 at 6:45pm at the Spaghetti Dinner.
Contest Entry Fee: Purchase of a Winterama Button ($2) is required before Judging.
Trophy and bragging rights.
Winterama is organized by a small dedicated group of residents in New Lowell known as the "Friends of Winterama" and are supported by staff from Clearview Township. Volunteers are needed to assist with many of the events and tasks. If you are interested in learning more, please contact Amanda Murray, Community Culture & Tourism Coordinator at email@example.com
Meetings are typically held on Tuesday nights from 7:30pm-9pm at the New Lowell Legion. Attendance is not mandatory, but encouraged as often as possible.
The Annual Bed Races happen during the Winterama Parade. This long-standing tradition is a great opportunity to show your community pride!
Registration is open to any community organization. For more information, please call Deb Bronee firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-790-4262.
- Each team must have 5 people to a team who actually race (4 runners, 1 rider and 1 alternate, just in case).
- Rider must wear helmet.
- Two beds will race at once for a time trial.
- Any size wheels are permitted.
- No braking devices allowed.
- No steering devices allowed.
- Pushing the bed only during the race, no pulling.
- All 5 team members must pass finish line (with the bed) in order to win.
- Twin bed size only. Mattress or padding (minimum of 4 inches thick) must be part of design and design must mimic a bed with headboard and footboard.
- Beds must have minimum of four wheels one in each corner, all must touch the ground. Wheels can be any size.
- Beds must have a headboard and footboard
- Bed cannot have any means of propulsion other than the team pushing it. No motors. No steering mechanism. Human power only. No brakes.
- Bed may have push bars not extending more than 4 inches out. Nothing sharp may be part of the bed.
- Any violations in bed design will have penalties (up to and including disqualification). Beds that are not constructed according to the rules will be required to be modified to adhere to the rules.
- No sharp items, glass or obscene items on beds. Beds will be disqualified for any of these violations
The Craft Market is on Saturday February 1, 2020 from 11am-3pm at the New Lowell United Church and the Sunnidale Branch of the Clearview Public Library.
Single table is $30 or a double table is $60. Interested craft vendors are invited to submit an application form.
Contact Melanie Walters at email@example.com
Township Contact: Amanda Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org
The annual Soup Off is the hottest event during the Sunnidale Winterama! If you're up to the challenge, then entry your favourite soup (in a crockpot) and let the public decide who truly is the Soup'er Bowl Champion!
There is no cost to enter your favourite soup. Advance registration is encouraged. Please email Alicia Appleby at email@example.com
Thursday, January 30
|Teen Dance||New Lowell Legion|
|Friday, January 31||Spaghetti Dinner||New Lowell Legion|
|Best Beard Judging||New Lowell Legion|
|Firefighter's Silent Auction||New Lowell Legion|
|Burning of the Green||New Lowell Park|
|Fireworks at Dusk||New Lowell Park|
|Yuk Yuk's Comedy Night (19+)||New Lowell Legion|
|Saturday, February 1||Pancake Breakfast||New Lowell Legion|
|Parade & Bed Races||Staging at Greengage Rd.|
|Opening Ceremonies||New Lowell Park|
|Log Sawing Competition||New Lowell Park|
Children's Activities, Outdoor Skating,
|New Lowell Park|
|Craft Show||New Lowell United Church and the Sunnidale Branch of the Clearview Public Library.|
|Soup'er Bowl||New Lowell Firehall|
|Firefighter's Silent Auction||New Lowell Firehall|
|Jazzin 20s Adult Dance (19+)||New Lowell Legion|
|Sunday, February 3||Big Breakfast||New Lowell Legion|
|Morgan Taylor Snowmobile Fun Run||Starts at New Lowell Legion|